Looking after our City
Our Council Committees make decisions and recommendations for their delegated areas of responsibility. The five committees are:
· Corporate, Finance, Properties and Tenders Committee
· Environment Committee
· Cultural and Community Committee
· Transport, Heritage and Planning Committee
· Local Pedestrian, Cycling and Traffic Calming Committee
The Central Sydney Planning Committee and the Central Sydney Traffic and Transport Committee involve City of Sydney representatives but they are separate decision-making bodies to Council.
Some of the Committees defer matters to their Sub-Committees.
Corporate, Finance, Properties and Tenders Committee:
· Economic Development and Business Sub-Committee
Cultural and Community Committee:
· Cultural and Creative Sub-Committee
· Healthy Communities Sub-Committee
Committee policies and procedures
· The structure and functions of Committees are standing policy of Council.
· All correspondence to Committees and Sub-Committees shall be handled through normal Council processes.
· All Committees and Sub-Committees shall be advisory to Council and have no independent role, except where specific authorities are delegated to them by Council.
· Matters dealt with in Committee shall be submitted to Council without recommendation only when the chairperson so determines.
· The Chairpersons of Standing Committees and Sub-Committees shall have a casting vote in the event of an equality of voting.
Code of meeting practice
Find out how we conduct our meetings.